Sumitomo Dipel L Organic is a biological insecticide that controls a wide range of caterpillar pests on vegetables, fruits, ornamentals, and other crops. It is made from a naturally occurring bacterium called Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt), which produces a protein that is toxic to caterpillars. When caterpillars eat leaves or stems that have been treated with Dipel L Organic, the Bt protein binds to their gut lining and kills them.
Dipel L Organic is a safe and effective way to control caterpillar pests without harming beneficial insects, such as bees and butterflies. It is also OMRI-listed for use in organic farming.
The Active Ingredient in Sumitomo Dipel L Organic is Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt), a naturally occurring bacterium that produces a protein that is toxic to caterpillars. The specific strain of Bt used in Sumitomo Dipel L Organic is Bt kurstaki, which is effective against a wide range of caterpillar pests, including cabbage loopers, tomato hornworms, and corn earworms.
Benefits of Sumitomo Dipel L Organic:
- Safe for humans, pets, and beneficial insects
- OMRI-listed for use in organic farming
- Controls a wide range of caterpillar pests
- Effective at low doses
- Easy to use
How to use Sumitomo Dipel L Organic:
- Always read and follow the label directions carefully.
- Mix Dipel L Organic according to the label instructions.
- Apply the mixture to the foliage of the plants, being sure to cover all of the leaves.
- Reapply as needed, depending on the pest population.
Cabbage: 1-2 mL per liter of water
Tomatoes: 2-3 mL per liter of water
Corn: 2-4 mL per liter of water
Ornamentals: 1-2 mL per liter of water
- Wear gloves and eye protection when handling Dipel L Organic.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not apply to plants that will be eaten within 24 hours of treatment