Nunhems Kian is a parthenocarpic beit alpha hybrid cucumber variety that is suitable for cultivation in open fields and polyhouses. It is a high-yielding variety that produces cylindrical, glossy, medium green fruits. The fruits are semi-multi fruited on the main stem and bear 2-3 fruits per node. Kian has intermediate resistance to powdery and downy mildew.
Here are some of the key features of Nunhems Kian cucumber seeds:
- Parthenocarpic: This means that the fruits do not need pollination to set. This makes it a good choice for polyhouse cultivation where pollination is difficult to achieve.
- High-yielding: Kian is a high-yielding variety that can produce up to 300 fruits per plant.
- Cylindrical fruits: The fruits are cylindrical in shape and have a glossy, medium green color.
- Semi-multi fruited: The fruits are semi-multi fruited on the main stem, meaning that each node bears 2-3 fruits.
- Intermediate resistance to powdery and downy mildew: Kian has intermediate resistance to powdery and downy mildew, two common diseases that affect cucumbers.
If you are looking for a high-yielding, parthenocarpic cucumber variety that is resistant to diseases, then Nunhems Kian is a good choice. It is a good option for both open field and polyhouse cultivation.
Here are some tips for growing Nunhems Kian cucumber seeds:
- Sow the seeds 1/2 inch deep in well-drained soil.
- Keep the soil moist but not wet.
- Fertilize the plants every 2-3 weeks with a balanced fertilizer.
- Water the plants regularly, especially during hot weather.
- Harvest the fruits when they are young and tender.