Bayer's Emesto prime is a novel fungicide widely used by potato farmers in the seed treatment. It provides protection against a number of seed and soil-borne pathogens.
Chemical Composition - Penflufen 240 FS
MODE OF ACTION
Penflufen is a new pyrazole carboxamide fungicide that works through inhibition of succinate dehydrogenase (SDHI fungicide). Penflufen evenly distributes all over the tuber and in the soil around the tubers where it protects young sprouts and growing daughter tubers. It is a systemic xylem mobile fungicide and is formulated as a flowable concentrate for seed treatment.
Frequency of application - Depends on pest incidence or severity of disease.
Compatibility - Do not mix with any chemical
- Emesto Prime provides Excellent protection against potato black scurf
- Potato seeds germinate and emerge quickly out of the soil minimizing the time for black scurf to attack the emerging plant beneath the soil.
- Formation of stronger plants with higher vitality gives enhanced crop establishment leading to more marketable yield.
- Outstanding disease control results in perfect skin finish and optimum size & shape of potatoes of better quality.
CROPS AND TARGET PESTS
- Always use gloves while handling the treatment and treated seeds.
- Crop : Potato
- INSECTS/ DISEASE - Black Scruf (Rhizoctonia solani).
- DOSAGE - 100 ml for 964 kg of potato tubers. (Seed treatment)
SAFE USE OF SEED TREATMENT PRODUCTS
Before application :
- Read the label and leaflet for dose rates and procedure of treatment.
- Ensure adequate personal protective equipment
- Seed treatment equipment must be regularly checked and calibrated to ensure accurate and safe application
After application :
- Treated seed should be dried before bagging
- Treated seed should be suitable labeled mentioning the dose and date of treatment.
- Treated seed should be transported in a responsible way, so that the seed is not spilled.
- Plant Protection Equipment must be cleaned separately.