Dhanuka Sempra is a selective, systemic, post-emergence herbicide that is used to control yellow nutsedge and purple nutsedge in sugarcane and maize crops. It is also effective against certain broadleaf weeds. Sempra Herbicide is formulated as a water-dispersible granule (WDG) and is applied to the leaves of the weeds.
Sempra contains 75% w/w of the active ingredient halosulfuron methyl. Halosulfuron methyl is a sulfonylurea herbicide that works by inhibiting the plant enzyme acetolactate synthase (ALS). ALS is essential for the production of certain amino acids, so when it is inhibited, the plant is unable to grow and eventually dies.
Mode of Action
Sempra Herbicide is absorbed by the leaves of the weeds and then transported throughout the plant. It accumulates in the meristem, which is the growing point of the plant. Once it reaches the meristem, halosulfuron methyl inhibits ALS, which prevents the plant from producing essential amino acids. This leads to the death of the plant.
- Selective: Sempra is selective for sugarcane and maize crops, so it will not harm the crop when applied properly.
- Effective: It is effective against yellow nutsedge and purple nutsedge, as well as certain broadleaf weeds.
- Long-lasting: Sempra has a long residual activity, so it can provide control of weeds for up to 30 days.
- Easy to use: It is easy to use and can be applied with a variety of sprayers.
- Increased crop yield: It can help to increase crop yield by controlling weeds that compete with the crop for water, nutrients, and sunlight.
- Reduced weed control costs: It can help to reduce weed control costs by reducing the need for manual weeding.
- Improved crop quality: It can help to improve crop quality by reducing the incidence of diseases and pests that are transmitted by weeds.
The recommended dosage of Sempra Herbicide varies depending on the crop and the weed pressure. For sugarcane, the recommended dosage is 36 grams per acre. For maize, the recommended dosage is 24 grams per acre.
Sempra Herbicide is used to control of Cyperus rotundus in sugarcane and maize crops. It is also effective against certain broadleaf weeds
Sempra is approved for use on sugarcane and maize crops. It is also approved for use on other crops, such as barley, wheat, and sorghum
Available Packing - 3.6 gm, 18 gm, 36 gm
Manufacturing Or Marketing Company – Dhanuka Agritech Limited
Mode Of Formulation – Wetable Powders
Mobility In Plant - Systemic
Application Method Direction Of Use- Foliage Spraying